May 1, 2014

Chevron Tutorial with Nail Vinyls

I recently ordered a set of the chevrons from Nail Vinyls and I could not wait to try them out. I did have a problem with the first time I used on my nail. I am not sure if it was user error or possibly an issue with my base coat and color. I started out using Orly's Bonder Basecoat before adding on two coats of Color Club's Eternal Beauty which is this gorgeous purple holo polish.

Next I used tweezers to apply two of the vinyls to my ring finger.
I went in with Sally Hansen's Instadry in Grape Race with one thick coat and while the polish was still wet I removed the strips.



This was the results of my first attempt.

I next went on to my thumb and had much better results.I redid my ring finger after finishing my right hand. Once the polish was dry I went in with a generous coat of Glisten & Glow's HK Girl Topcoat to seal in my design. Overall I am really happy with how these came out. I like the subtle color variation between the holo polish and the grape race. I still need more practice with the vinyls but I think for my first try they came out pretty good.




All the polishes I used.


No comments:

Post a Comment