May 16, 2014

Pastel Pink and Sparkles

I picked up several colors at Sally’s Beauty Supply the other day and one of them was Opi’s Mod About You. I had heard that the color was gorgeous but the formula was a bit difficult. Both are true. I have been struggling with finding a base coat that I really love so I decided to use my Gelous one this time. The first coat of Mod was very streaky and patchy. I was thinking “this does not look good.” Luckily with the second coat things seemed to smooth out. It was by no means perfect but I always hate using 3 coats of any polish unless it’s a jelly. For my accent nail I used two coats of Color Club’s Sugarplum Fairy. Which is GORGEOUS and beyond sparkly. I have yet to meet a Color Club polish that I am not in love with. I finished everything off with a coat of Glisten & Glo HK Girl Topcoat. I noticed within hours of wear that I had a small chip on my pointer finger. By the next day there were chips on 3 of my nails where I had painted the pink. My overall opinion is that it’s a pretty pink but don’t expect a lot of wear time out of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment