June 8, 2014

Beauty Battle: Moisturizer

Today I want to compare two different types of beauty products. I am hoping to make this a permanent type of blog post. For my first beauty throw down I have two gel moisturizers. In the left hand corner we have Philosophy's Take a Breath. Opposing heavy weight is Olay's Dew-Over. Olay recently came out with their fresh effects collection and Dew-Over is the only moisturizer in the collection that I could find. I bought the Philosophy one back around November of last year based on the recommendations of a Ulta employee. I purchased it and the Purity face cleanser. I have to say neither I was really blown away with but that's a different blog. The consistency of both moisturizers is a bit different then most. They are more of a gel then a cream. Both having a cooling effect when you put them on and even smell about the same. I would wash my face and put one on half of my face and the other on my other half to compare side by side.  To be completely honest I did not really notice a difference. They both sank into the skin fairly quickly. Now I do have to say that the only real down side to them is that they feel like they only really completely dry after 30 minutes or so. For a while they seem almost tacky in some spots. I didn't notice it affecting my makeup any luckily. I would say that if you're in the market for a new moisturizer I would recommend both of these but with a price difference of $12 for the Olay and $35 for Philosophy I would go with the Dew-Over in a heart beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment