August 21, 2014

China Glaze The Giver Polishes


I'm sorry for the lack of posts lately. We had company staying with us and that made it impossible to do anything Nail related. Thanks for sticking with me. Now on to the polish.  I picked up a few of the colors from the new The Giver collection from China Glaze the other day while I was in Sally's. Unfortunately they didn't have all of them so I picked a few that appealed to me.

 First up is Friends Forever Right? It is this very light pastel pink. It borderlines white with a pink tone and an actual pink color. I happen to really like how it looks with my skin tone. The formula was streaky on the first coat but after the second it evened out. This will be great as a base for nail art.

Up next is New Birth. It's pretty much the blue version of Ffr? It does have a slight grey pull to it but I happen to like it. Once again formula was streaky until second coat. I don't have anything like this in my collection.

 Release is quite possibly my favorite out of the whole set. To me it has so many different subtle undertones. It's a mauve, purple, grey mix. It's hard to really label it. Unlike the others the formula on this was superb. I used two coats but the first one was pretty opaque on it's own. I want to put this on my toes immediately.



Capacity to See Beyond is a bright turquoise color. I have been wanting to acquire a turquoise for a while so I figured why not go for this one. It kills me to say the formula was the worst on this one. The pigmentation almost seemed to separate from the base liquid. I had to really shake to get it to mix back together and even then it went on super streaky. I had such high hopes for this color and while it looks great on the nail it takes a lot to get it presentable.

Up last we have Boundary of Memory. This bad boy is gorgeous for fall. To me it just screams Halloween. It is not like your other typical glitters. Bom is made up of tiny mini glitters. They range in color from brown's to black. It is a very opaque glitter. With two careful coats you can completely cover your nail, eliminating a need for a base color. I will warn you though when you go to take this off be prepared for a fight. Even after I used a nail brush to scrub my fingers I still have little glitters stuck in places like under my cuticle. Also when applying the polish I noticed you had to be really light handed or the brush would push the glitter creating a bald patch.

A closer look at the size of the glitter
Overall I think that the formula of the colors I got is what I have become to expect from China Glaze. Sadly I don't mean that in a good way. These are not beginner friendly. You have to float the brush over your nail to avoid having bald patches and streaks. With that being said I think the colors are unique and worth the extra effort. There isn't a single one that I will say that is just too much of a hassle to use. I am looking forward to using these in upcoming looks.

Please excuse my swatches this week. Not painting for a few days seems to have thrown me off my game completely.

Hope you all are having a wonderful day.

-Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment