August 13, 2014

Shark Fin Nails

I won't say a lot about these but I just had to share my nails for Shark Week. Everyone is doing the same look with a open mouth shark. I kind of wanted to do something a little dark and not the norm.
When I googled shark fins I came across a few photos where it had just the fin visible with a nighttime background. Instantly I knew it was something I wanted to try.
My sharks are the white tipped sharks. I like how they have this white little cap on top of their fin. The great white will forever be my favorite thanks to Jaws but for the sake of this look I wanted to do a lesser known shark.
Each nail shows less and less fin, it is supposed to look like the shark is submerging underwater. The look didn't quite turn out how I had imagined in my head but it is pretty darn close considering this was my first attempt.
With glossy topcoat
It is hard to explain what I did to achieve this look. I went back and forth with Color Club's Bell Bottom Babe and Opi's Eurso Euro with a sponge to get this night sky/water look. The rest was all acrylic paint. Once done I added a regular topcoat to seal in everything but I decided it would look better matte.

Polishes used: Duri Rejuvacote, Opi Eurso Euro, and Color Club Bell Bottom Babe as base colors
Top coats: Inm Out the Door and Essie Matte About You

Hope you all are having a wonderful day

-Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment