April 30, 2015

Beauty and the Beast Theme

*Disclaimer: Please excuse my nails in this look. I broke my middle finger nail and did not realize how bad the shape was until I painted and took photos.

Next up in my Disney Princess series I have Belle. Now I admit I did cheat a bit and use these adorable nail decals from Born Pretty Store . This was my first experience with nail decals and I am thrilled to say that they were so simple to use. All you have to do to apply them is hold the decal in water for about 10 seconds, slide it off the backing, and position on it on your nail. It's really that easy. You can check out all their other nail art products. They have a ton of different options and my code at the bottom on my post will help save you 10% off

 The yellow is China Glaze sun upon my skin. I used Opi I just cant cope-acabana to get the details on her dress. The base color is Essie mademoiselle. The roses are all a base of Essie double breasted jacket, with China Glaze bottoms up, and Color Club featured hair out to there for details. The stem is China Glaze treble maker and Opi jade is the new black. I used Seche Vite to seal everything in.
After I got done this with look I wasn't too thrilled with the yellow. I felt like it still looked patchy and is just not a great color on my skin tone. If I was to redo this I think I would use a different background color but when I think of Belle I think yellow.
Macro of ring finger

Macro of thumb
 **I was sent these products for review but it does not effect my opinion.


I hope you all have a wonderful day!
-Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment