November 18, 2015

Hues of Blue Foils


I used my favorite black of all time, Opi's Black Onyx, to lay down a base color for the foils. Unfortunately the foils I have don't have a name or number on them. I purchased them from china from a no name company. One is a darker navy blue and the lighter shade is a sky blue shade. You can of coarse use any color foil you like. I used the foil glue that I got in a set from Sally's to make the sticky base. You can have to be careful and try to lay down as thin of a coat as possible. Once the opal glue turns clear after a few minutes you are ready to apply your foil. I did it in patches as opposed to a whole application. I just lightly touched the foil in sections to my nails and then would go back over those empty spots with the other color. I went back and forth between both foils until I liked what I saw. The most important part of foil application is your top coat. They do make a special top coat for them but I don't see the point in wasting the money. All you need is a slower drying top coat or even a clear polish. Quick dry top coats tend to cause the foil to wrinkle. If you are ok with that look then go for it. I actually used my Opi Top Coat first and then once that was dry I used my Seche Vite. The Opi gives a barrier between the foils and Seche Vite and keeps them from wrinkling up.



Social Medias>>
Instagram: Onepolishedmomma
Twitter: Onepolishedmom
Facebook: Onepolishedmomma
Snapchat: Onepolishedmomma


I hope you all have a wonderful day!
-Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment