June 18, 2014

Sponging and Stamping

I have been looking at my Winstonia plate #W111 and trying to decide how I wanted to paint the background for it. I finally decided to do a pastel type watercolor mani. I didn't feel like breaking out the plastic wrap so I just used cut up sponges to layer the colors. I put down a base color of Opi's Alpine snow because I really wanted the colors to pop. I used all China Glaze polishes. They are Lotus begin, What a pansy, At vase value, and Bahamian escape. I just would sponge on one color at a time and then at the end I went back in with the base color of Bahamian escape to even it out. I stamped with Konad's white special polish. As per usual I used my favorite Glisten and Glow HK Girl topcoat.

My base of sponging

Indoor light

Indoor light

Sunlight

Sunlight

Sunlight

No comments:

Post a Comment