July 25, 2014

Cath Kidston Nails

I have seen so many recreations (Alice and Sammy just to name a few) of these nails that I knew I had to try them. I definitely drew more inspiration from Sammy though with the way she had hers laid out. I will admit I really did struggle with these. Way more than I should have I'm sure. I ended up having to go with acrylics for the design because my polishes just kept going goopy on me.
I painted the blue first and went in with white acrylic paint to first do the base for the flowers. After doing the lighter pink I added the darker shade to contrast. Green leaves and the tiny dots finished the look off.
Polishes: Duri rejuvacote and China Glaze Bahamian Escape as base
Assorted acrylics for the design
Top Coat: INM Out the Door

Pattern Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment