July 30, 2014

What Day Is It? Hump Day!


I just had to do something funny today. Given that it was Wednesday what would be better then camels. I went in with a very subtle gradient as my base. Unfortunately I don't own a camel color polish. I will have to rectify that!

I use two very similar brown's from Orly for the gradient. I added a layer of top drying top coat to help blend the colors before I stamped. Once it was dry I went in with black and stamped on the camels. I am still working on getting my placement right with the design. My pinkie wasn't quite big enough to fit the whole camel on. I wish I had shrunk him but too late now. After I was finished stamping I felt like it was still missing something so I went in with a sand like glitter. I did the french by hand so they aren't perfect but that's okay.

Polishes: Duri Rejuvacote as base color, Orly's Coffee break and Prince charming for gradient, China Glaze I Herd That for french tip
Stamping Plate: Gals plate #45 stamped with Konad black
Top Coat: IMN Out the Door

No comments:

Post a Comment