July 30, 2014

Monarch Butterfly Nails


I by no means came up with this design. I have seen it done by a million different people. I did want to try my hand at it though. I think for my first attempt it came out pretty good. I am really ocd with my nails though and I wish my lines were all the same size but I did do these with a toddler running around.

I chose not to use black and white polish. I knew they I wanted something that I could take off without damaging the base color if I needed to. Acrylic paints can be wiped off with rubbing alcohol (a big thank you to Oh My Gosh Polish for that tip.)

I used my usual base coat and then this gorgeous orange holo polish as my base color. I freehanded the wing design with a art brush I got from Ac Moores. Once the black paint dried I went back in with a small dotting tool and the white paint for the dots. After everything dried I cleaned up and top coated.
Polishes: Duri Rejuvacote as base coat and Color Club Cosmic Fate
Black and white acrylic paint
Top Coat: IMN Out the Door
I love these! They are so sparkly and dainty.
Hope you all are having a great day

 -Samantha



No comments:

Post a Comment