August 3, 2014

Galaxy Nails Mani Swap


The ever so lovely @mvargas_nails from Instagram and I decided to do a mani swap. I had been wanting to go a pastel galaxy look for a while so this was the perfect opportunity. She chose my purple floral design that you can see here.
I was fine right up until it came time to do the stars. Unfortunately my brush that I have been using is starting to fray so it is not as crisp as it used to be. I am looking into ordering a new one. I tore apart a latex free makeup sponge to be able to do the different colors. I usually cut them with I do gradients but tearing them seems to give better results for this look.
I painted the light purple as my base color before I went in with the different colors. I sponged on the blue first, then the pink, yellow, and finally I went back in with the purple to add a bit more dimension. I free handed the stars. Once it was somewhat dry I used Northern Lights to help blend the colors a bit more.
Polishes: Duri Rejuvacote and Sally Hansen Lacey Lilac as base
Sponged with: Opi Can't Find My Czechbook, Color Club Je T'aime and Macaroon Swoon
Stars: Look, Don't Tusk
Top Coats: Inm Northern Lights and Out the Door
You can see the original look here. Be sure to check out the rest of her photos, she has some wonderful designs.

Hope you all are having a wonderful day

-Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment