August 9, 2014

Rica Squishy Rainbow Collection Part 2

Today I am posting the second set of colors from the new Squishy Rainbow collection by Rica. You can see my first posting here. The first set I posted were all in the reddish family. Today is a bit more random.
Hands down Squishy Tangerine is my favorite color from this collection. As soon as I saw the bottle I just could not wait to apply it. It is this gorgeous peachy shade. I liked it both with 3 coats on it's own and over the white base. I will definitely be doing some nail art with this.
Squishy Lime surprisingly has this microshimmer to it. I was not expecting it since all but one other are plain. I haven't really decided if I like it or not. This polish is amazing over the white base. It turns it into this bright pastel shade of green. It will be great for leaves or stems using the leadlight technique. It is pretty bright on it's own with 3 coats.


Squishy Blueberry is really the only one that I felt like if it didn't go over white that it was pretty hard to see. Even with using 3 coats it is pretty sheer. You could possibly build it up a little bit more with a few additional coats.

Squishy Lemon is the other color that has a microshimmer to it. It is so faint you wouldn't see it unless you had it under bright light. Lemon is the most opaque color out of the bunch. You can see looking at how much pay off you get with just one coat. This is another one that I both like it on it's own as well as over white. For some reason I really want to use this to paint pineapples. I foresee that mani in the near future.
Like I mentioned in my previous post the formulas on these are very different from your typical jelly polishes. They are thicker which allows you to have better control of where you apply it, resulting in less flooding of your cuticles.

I did use my usual Duri Rejuvacote base coat but I left off a top coat. They have a very nice gloss on their own. I would recommend using one just to prolong your mani.

Unfortunately right now the collection as a whole is sold out but you can still buy individual polishes. Be sure to periodically check out her store for when they are available again. If you are a big fan of jelly/tinted topcoat type polishes you really need to get your hands on these.

Hope you all are having a great day.

-Samantha


No comments:

Post a Comment