August 8, 2014

Rica Squishy Rainbow Collection Part 1

As soon as I saw that @justricarda was going to be selling a new line of jelly like polishes I knew it was time for me to order from her. I had been eyeballing her white and black polishes for a while but I kept talking myself out of it for some reason. She describes them on her website as "This squishy/jelly polish is NOT opaque in one coat. They will not work for stamping. This polish is like a sheer tint that looks squishy/jelly when you put a few coats on it." They are great if you are looking to do a jelly sandwich or something like the leadlight technique were you just tint your polish. She has swatches on her page of them on a nail wheel. I wanted to show what they looked like on real life nails. Each pictures shows the polish applied once, twice, three times, and over white to give you an idea of what they look like once built up. Now on to the swatches.
 First up we have Squishy Strawberry. It is a very accurate name. It is a sheer strawberry like color. This would be perfect to use over a floral stamping image. Please excuse my white unevenness. It took me a few tries to get use to the consistency of the white polish. I will be doing a full review of her white polish as well.





Next up is Squishy Grape. This is my second favorite color from this collection. I actually prefer it as 3 coats on it's own instead of over the white. Maybe if I had done two coats over the white it would be a little brighter. This color makes me want a popsicle.
Squishy Plum is a very rare color. I have only seen a very few sheer darker colors like this one. I did not see a lot of difference between 2 coats and 3. Over white I feel like it changed the tone of the polish. I would probably say use this on it's own like the grape one.
I broke this collection up into two posts. I wanted to put the reddish tones in the first one and I will do the more random colors in the next post. Overall I have to say that I am very pleased with this collection. I do want to praise the formula of these. With it being a thicker polish you can go in with a heavier coat then normal and not worry about flooding your cuticles. I had to do very little clean up due to having such control over the polish actually applied. I have quite a few jelly polishes and they all tend to be a bit watery.

I did use my usual Duri Rejuvacote base coat but I left off a top coat. They have a very nice gloss on their own. I would recommend using one just to prolong your mani.

Hope you all are having a wonderful day.

-Samantha


No comments:

Post a Comment