October 21, 2016

Painted Polish's Rainbow Reef


As soon as I got the email about UberChic's new mermaid plate I just had to order it. Once it came in the mail it was even more stunning in person. What could possibly pair better with a mermaid stamping plate other then Painted Polish's At Sea Volume II collection?!? I did only use 4 of the colors out of the collection but the entire set is fantastic. Lexi makes some of my favorite crelly polishes hands down. They just never disappoint. Rainbow Reef is no exception. I don't have to fuss with the glitters to get them to apply at a certain place or lay down flat.


To start off my nails I laid down a base coat of FingerPaints sticky base coat. I really like this base coat when it comes to applying anything with glitter because it gives them something nice to stick to. Although you can only use two coats of Rainbow Reef I did go ahead and do three just because I like to have as much glitter on  my nails as possible. Once dry I did apply a thin layer of Out the Door top coat on my two middle nails so that I had an extra layer of protection for stamping.

I took Painted Polish's Boating In Blue Jeans and stamped on the mermaid scale image in to my squishy stamper. While that was drying I used the same polish and the vitamin sea image and stamped it on to my ring finger. After a thin layer of OTD top coat again over the scales I filled in some of the gaps with Painted Polish's Stoned On Sapphire and Siren Seduction for extra glittery goodness. The top coat I had applied down allows me to make it more like a decal so when I am applying it to my nails I can just take it off the stamper with tweezers and line it up on my nail where I want it. A quick trim with scissors and some clean up and all that was left to do was apply my favorite top coat of HK Girl by Glisten and Glow. I will say between the glitters on my middle nail and the ones in the white crelly base I did need to do two layers of top coat just to make sure that it was completely smooth.

Social Medias>>
Instagram: Onepolishedmomma
Twitter: Onepolishedmom
Facebook: Onepolishedmomma
Snapchat: Onepolishedmomma


I hope you all have a wonderful day! 
-Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment